Eyeglass Deployment Options
Several options exist that allow customers to deploy Eyeglass in several configurations.
This procedure is to protect the production Eyeglass appliance. Using the Eyeglass Automated 7 Day Backup feature and SyncIQ, the procedure will sync the backup archives to a running Warm Standby Eyeglass appliance in a 2nd cluster.
Notes on this solution:
- This process also means only one Eyeglass appliance has clusters added.
- This only requires one set of license keys (license keys are appliance specific).
- Requires SyncIQ enabled clusters to protect the archives.
- Production Eyeglass sync’s Export used for DR of Eyeglass configuration data.
The following link provides detailed information on how to set up the Warm Standby Backup Procedure (Warm Standby)
This procedure is to protect the production Eyeglass appliance using a 2nd licensed Eyeglass appliance. This solution offers same time sync of DR data to a second appliance that can take over operations under the following conditions:
- Controlled failover - switching the active appliance from one data center to the other.
- Uncontrolled failover protection - the 2nd appliance can be used for failover operations since it has a current near real time synced status, and a copy of all policies and configuration data (shares, exports and quotas) needed to complete a failover to the surviving cluster.
- Active Sync Appliance - Responsible for syncing configuration data and is the primary appliance for all failover operations.
- Active Monitoring Appliance - Responsible for inventory of configuration data needed for syncing, monitors SyncIQ, collects SyncIQ job reports.
- This process means Two Eyeglass appliance have clusters added.
- This requires two sets of license keys (license keys are appliance specific).
- One appliance has active sync jobs and the other has disabled policies but fully synced view of both clusters.
The following link provides detailed information on how to set up the Active Active configuration ( Active Active ) .
3rd Site Witness (Supported)
In order to have all DR orchestration and information separate from the DR site, it’s best practice when possible to use a 3rd site to monitor your clusters with Eyeglass that is IP connected to Site A and Site B as shown below.
DR Site Witness (Supported)
In this configuration the witness function resides at the Cold or DR site, so that configuration and orchestration data is available in a DR event.
Copyright Superna LLC