Requirements for Eyeglass Microsoft DFS Mode Failover
The requirements in this section must be met in order to initiate an Eyeglass Microsoft DFS Mode Failover. Failure to meet some of these conditions may block the Failover.
Cluster Version Requirements
Clusters participating in an Eyeglass Microsoft DFS Mode Failover must be running the supported Isilon Cluster version for this feature. See the Feature Release Compatibility matrix in the Eyeglass Release notes specific to your Eyeglass version found here.
SyncIQ Policy Requirements - Blocks Failover
For a Microsoft DFS Mode failover with Eyeglass, it is required that the Eyeglass Configuration Replication Job for that SyncIQ Policy is in the Enabled state.
Note: If the SyncIQ Policy is disabled in OneFS or the corresponding Eyeglass Configuration Replication Job is disabled in Eyeglass the SyncIQ Policy failover will be blocked.
Failover Target Cluster Requirements - Blocks Failover
For a SyncIQ Policy failover with Eyeglass, it is required that the Isilon Cluster that is the target of the failover be IP reachable by Eyeglass with the required ports open.
Eyeglass Quota Job Requirements
For a SyncIQ Policy failover with Eyeglass, there are no Eyeglass Quota Job state requirements. Quotas will be failed over whether Eyeglass Quota Job is in Enabled or Disabled state.
- AD clients must have both paths of the folder target cached post failover.
- AD clients must be able to contact a Domain Controller.
- UNC paths to mount the DFS folder must use DFS UNC syntax \\domain name\dfsrootname\dfs folder name.
- SmartConnect zone names in the UNC targets must be delegated and resolvable by clients.
- SmartConnect zone name SPN’s for folder target UNC paths must be correctly registered in AD.
Copyright Superna LLC